We are so excited to be able to tell you that we have officially been given the green light from the government and our governing body to open our doors to all our amazing patients starting this week!
The first thing we want you to know is that our priority is the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community. Closing our practice down on March 16th was both the hardest, and easiest, decision we've had to make.
We have used this downtime to make renovations to our office to ensure everyone's safety. The renovations are completed, and we are so excited to start doing what we love - taking care of your dental needs and optimizing your oral health.
Rest assured, you can be confident knowing that the Colossus Dental Center is committed to the safest environment when attending to your dental health.
INFORMATION REGARDING APPOINTMENTS:
COVID-19 has significantly disrupted our appointment schedule and challenged how we perform dental treatments. In our history as dentists, we have never had to cancel many months' worth of patients. Upon reopening, we believe it is in your best interest to minimize the number of people in our office in order to respect social distancing. If your appointment was cancelled during our closure, or you have an upcoming appointment, you will receive a call from our staff to reschedule and/or confirm a new time and/or date. We thank you for your understanding, patience, and support.
Some changes that you can expect to see upon reopening:
- We will need to reduce the number of daily appointments, but will extend our hours to try and accommodate the overwhelming demand.
- Appointments will be triaged based on urgency, underlying conditions, and relative risk of certain population groups for COVID-19.
- Please recognize that there will be a wait time to make appointments as we try to catch up with appointments that were cancelled during this crisis.
- You are important to us and as such, options of phone or video consultation may be offered to avoid unnecessary office visits and expedite your care. You will be advised of the fees for virtual consultation by our staff when booking your appointment.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment and leave it on until you are seen by your dentist or hygienist.
- Everyone will have a COVID-19 screening questionnaire that needs to be filled out prior to their visit and will be done a second time upon arrival.
- Please only bring in essential items to the office for your visit, such as your purse and wallet. Leave any unnecessary things in the car for safe keeping.
- When you arrive, stay in your car and call the office to let us know you have arrived. We will then tell you when to come to the door so that we can ensure we are letting people in one at a time.
- Only the person with an appointment will be allowed to enter the office. If it is a child, parents are to bring him/her to the door and ideally wait in the car. Exceptions may be made on a need-be basis.
- Upon arrival to the office, your temperature will be taken.
- Everyone will be required to perform hand hygiene, which we will provide, upon arrival with either alcohol-based hand rub or soap and running water.
- Should anyone have an elevated temperature, your appointment will automatically be rescheduled for another time and treatment will not be rendered.
- Should anyone screen positive with the COVID questionnaire, treatment will not be rendered, and you will be advised to contact your primary care provider or Telehealth Ontario to determine the next steps (which may include testing).
We are there to support you in whatever way we can and we are looking forward to having you back in our new environment to provide you with the high level of care and attention you've become accustomed to.
We thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and support as we try our best to accommodate and serve you.
Your truly in good health,
Dr. Jackeline Cruz Manjarres and team